Apple’s iPhone 4s is undoubtedly one of the best creations of the company that has won the hearts of millions over the world. It is a unique device that has amazing functionality and specifications. Alike most iPhone’s, the iPhone 4S sometimes experiences problems that may make it unresponsive. In such cases, a hard reset is essential.
A hard reset is done to reboot a phone when it is not responding. It is not similar to a restore because a restore is meant to erase all data in an iPhone. iPhone 4s owners have asked various questions over the internet as to how to hard reset the device? In today’s article we will show you easy steps to perform the hard reset.
Reasons why you may Want to Hard Reset Your iPhone 4S
Your device performs poorly than after you first purchased it.
- Your device is unresponsive at all.
- You want to restart the device fresh again with all new settings.
- You want to sell your device and want to erase all your settings and personal data.
- Your device is water damaged.
How to Hard Reset and Restart the iPhone 4S?
This process will not erase data on the iPhone.
- While holding the iPhone, press and hold the Sleep/Wake + the Home button for around 10-30 seconds. Next an Apple logo should appears on the screen.
- Now your iPhone 4S is already reset back to default factory setting. You can go and check out to see if you still have a problem with it.
- If you cannot resolve your problem at this point then you will need to restore the iPhone 4S.
Restart the iPhone 4S
Some simple problems can be solved normally by restarting the device.
- On your iPhone press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until you see the red slider appears.
- Drag the slider.
- Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until the Apple logo appears.
The steps mentioned for hard resetting the iPhone 4s is simple and there are problems which solve after doing a simple restart. Remain hassle free, tweak and customize your iPhone 4S to the maximum today.