The HTC HD2 is one of the best creations of the company that has been doing exceptionally well. It is definitely a reliable device, but things could go wrong at times requiring you to perform a hard reset.
Owners of the HTD HD2 love to tweak and customize their device to the maximum. Those who have experienced the handset to freeze at times or those who want to clear all of your personal details are suggested to perform a hard reset.
Let us find out the things to note and processes for performing the hard reset.
Things to Note and Hard Reset Process
For those who are willing to hard reset their phone must understand that you will lose everything on your device, which is why we suggest doing a soft reset first.
Yo can hard reset your HTC HD2 in two ways. If your phone is still operation go for the first process, if it has crashed and is not responding, we suggest you to try the second process.
Process 1 – Hard Reset Through the Settings Menu
- Select Menu – All Settings – System – Clear Storage, on the Home screen’s Settings tab,
- Enter 1234 and press Yes to confirm
- Performing a hard reset using phone buttons
Process 2 – Hard Reset After Removing Battery
- If your phone is not responding and has crashed, you must remove the battery to switch off the phone. Remove the battery by simply taking off the back cover. Or, turn off your HTC HD2 by using the power button.
- Press and hold the volume up and volume down buttons, with your phone powered off.
- Press the power button and then release it, while holding the volume buttons.
- Release the volume up and volume down buttons, when you see a warning message on screen.
- When prompted to perform the reset press the volume up button, or press any other button to cancel the reset.
From the two processes mentioned above, you no longer have to worry if your HTC HD2 crashes or freezes occasionally. Following the easy steps can now provide a simple solution.