HTC is one of the leading brands in the world today who have been manufacturing quality smartphones for the past few years. Their One series of smartphones have been the hot buzz of the market recently, among which the HTC One S is highly famous.
There are many who own the HTC One S but face persistent problems which cannot be solved. Performing a hard reset also known as factory reset can be a decent solution. One must understand that a hard reset will delete all your data permanently along with customized settings. All applications both downloaded and installed will also be deleted. Therefore, you must make sure you back up all your files and data you desire to keep before doing the hard reset.
Simple Steps to Perform a Hard Reset
Performing a factory reset from settings
- Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap Storage.
- Tap Storage and then Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.
Performing a factory reset using hardware buttons
For those who are unable to turn on the HTC One S on or access settings, can still perform a hard reset by using the hardware buttons on the smartphone.
- Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button and then press and hold the POWER button.
- Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
- Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.