HTC Desire HD is one of the most impressive handsets of the company. It is a phone that can be customized highly and tweaked any way you want to. Owners of Desrire HD generally have loads of fun with the handset and sometimes want to return to its factory settings, when they experience problems.
In today’s article we will show you a step by step hard reset process of the phone. You must understand that all data will be deleted from HTC Desire HD after completion of the process. All data stored on the microSD card may or may not be deleted. We recommend backing up all of your personal data before proceeding.
HTC Desire HD Hard Reset Step By Step Process
There are two processes of the hard reset, first one is:
- Tap menu, from the main home screen
- Tap Settings, then Privacy
- Tap Factory data reset
- Tap Reset phone
- Enter your password if required, then tap Erase everything to confirm
Second Hard Reset Process
If the process mentioned above doesn’t work, or if your phone is frozen, follow the steps below:
- Turn the power off. If your phone is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
- Hold the Volume Down button
- Press and hold the Power button until the device turns on
- You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
- Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
- Press and release the Power button
- Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
You must understand that all third-party applications and data will be deleted from the HTC Desire HD. Once the process is complete, the phone will reboot to a state similar to when it was first bought. Tweak and play with your phone as much as you want, because you now know the right steps for a hard reset.