3 Mobile Network is one of the fastest growing providers in UK, having the largest 3G connectivity in UK. For those who have purchased their phone or Mobile Broadband device from another network, sometimes need to get it unlocked before using with a 3 SIM. Your current network provider will give you an unlocking code called a DCK or Depersonalisation Control Key.
Your provider could charge a fee for this, therefore contacting them is suggested to gather more details on it. For those who have a phone or a Mobile Broadband device purchased from 3 Mobile Network and want to get it unlocked, there are certain criteria’s you must fulfill.
Criteria’s to Fulfill to Get Your Device Unlocked
To get your device unlocked from 3 Mobile network, you must:
- Have your device for 30 days
- Have paid your first bill
- Have to pay a one-off fee of £15.32. You will need to pay this fee over the phone when you call them for your unlock code, using a debit or credit card. So please make sure that you have your card to hand when you call them.
Note: For those who are on Pay As You Go or have just upgraded, do not need to wait for 30 days or until you have paid your first bill. 3 Mobile Network will unlock your device as soon as you buy it from them.
Numbers to Call for Unlocking a Device with 3
For those who have to unlock their device from 3 Mobile Network, should call them in order to get an unlock code to use with any SIM:
- Talk about your phone, call 333 free from a Three phone or 0843 373 3333 from any other phone.
- Talk about your Mobile Broadband device, call 500 free from a Three phone or 0843 373 0500 from any phone.
They might be able to give you your unlock code right away, depending on your device’s manufacturer, but it can take up to seven days maximum. You will get a text notification to know when your device is ready for unlock and what you need to do next.
For those who want their iPad or iPhone unlocked, you need to connect your device to iTunes to get your unlock code. They will send you a text to let you know when to do this. Unlock your device or phone from 3 Mobile Network today.