We all love our Apple iPhone devices either the latest iPhone 4S or the older versions, but things gets really frustrating when these lovely iDevices do not respond to your commands or rather best to say it does not do what it is meant to do. In this article we will learn how to reboot iPhone 4 step by step process and what factors are important to take care of when your iPhone won’t turn on.
This is the same frustration when your PC won’t turn on, shows blue screen, effected by pop-ups/viruses or the most frustrating among them is when it’s frozen on you while operating. One of the best troubleshooting in these case is to restart your PC so that the operating system reloads and things get back to normal. The same principle applies while rebooting your iphone, but the steps are slightly different than restarting your PC.
5 Step By Step Process To Reboot iPhone 4
If your iPhone happens to just freeze on you or not respond to any touch, it’s more likely that the iPhone needs restarting. Below are the few steps that you need to follow to restart or reboot your iPhone.
1. Hold the Sleep/Wake button at the top right hand corner (same button to lock your screen) together with the Home button at the bottom centre of the phone.
2. Do not apply hard pressure on the buttons as you might damage them.
3. Hold both the Sleep and the Home button until you see the screen go pitch black and you see the Apple white logo appears (approx 10 seconds). During this step you might see the red power off slider appearing before the white Apple logo appears, simply ignore it and keep holding both the buttons.
4. If you missed the step 3, repeat the process until you see the white Apple logo. When you see the logo, you can leave both the buttons for the phone to reboot itself.
5. Do not press any other button, during the rebooting process and never try to reboot again while the iPhone 4 is rebooting, this might cause the iOS (operating system) to permanently crash.
When the above five steps are completed carefully, your iPhone should start to work as normal and if it still no responding as normal then repeat the above 5 steps to reboot your iphone.
Will I Loose Any Data Doing The Above Reboot iPhone 4 Process?
No, your data is safe during the reboot process and data is only lost or deleted if the iPhone is not responding after several attempts of rebooting or restoring from a backup from an iTunes Sync.
It is always advisable to sync your iPhone to your iTunes on your computer to have the up-to-date backup of your data on the iPhone and if for any reason you loose you data, you can always restore from your last backup sync if you have sync’d before the data loss.
Things are even better now with the iCloud on the iOS 5 and above offering instant sync backup as you store data on your iPhone. This is a great tool and must be used at all times. You have upto 5GB of free storage and this is a lot of room for your daily storage. The best of iCloud is that if you loose your device or its stolen, you can straight way sync your lost data on to your new iPhone or iPad devices without any loss.
What Is The Best Way To Save iPhone 4 or 4S Battery Life?
The design of the Apple iPhones does not include any back button and the only button that is available is the Home button to do all the navigation, making it slightly difficult to understand how to close apps when they are not in use.
When you run any app(s) on the iPhone, by clicking the Home button you do not force the app to close down, instead it is running in the background eating up your battery power. This is a very common problem with the iPhone which people are not aware of it.
To solve this problem, follow the below steps:
1. Double tap the Home button (like double clicking your mouse)
2. All open apps will show at the bottom of the screen.
3. Place your fingers for few second on the first app icon and you will see a minus (-) sign on the icon.
4. Click one by one icon on the minus (-) sign until all open apps are closed.
5. Closing these apps will not delete the apps, but rather it closes the running apps to free up battery life.
The above steps will increase your battery life upto 20-30% more than what you are getting right now. Always follow the above 5 steps when you have opened a lot of apps on a daily basis.
The above reboot iPhone 4 process works on iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and the original iPhone. The above rebooting process might not work on jailbreak iPhones as the iOS is changed during the jailbreak process. It is always best to check out the Apple Support section for other troubleshooting problems with your iPhone.