From many years back mobile industry has been dominated with pay as you go customers where there was very less pay monthly customers who were given free mobile phones when they sign up to 18 or 24 months contract. Since the mobile phone manufacturers are bringing high-tech devices which can how communicate better, browse internet on the move, download and watch movies, interact with social networks and much more making the mobile phones very expensive and almost impossible to buy on pay as you go and as a result these smartphones are also available on pay monthly deals where credit score matters whether they get the phone for free or not.
In UK almost 70-80% of the people are not aware of their credit score and how the credit rating works since this is not commonly available and only few credit agencies UK based companies such as Experian, Equifax and Credit Call stores individual credit scores which are accessible by lenders, banks, credit card companies, mobile phone network companies for whom credit score matters the most as they use these stored information to decide whether to offer credit to a certain application or to decline it.
What Factors Effect Credit Score and Why Credit Score Matters?
There are several reasons why an individual credit score can be effected and how credit related businesses use them and why credit score matters to decide individual applications results to either accept the application or decline it.
Since this article is purely based on how credit score matters when applying for a mobile phone on a pay monthly contract or either 12, 18 or 24 months contract we will discuss how credit scores can be effected and what factors can effect individual credit scores.
1. Missed previous monthly payments either for a mobile phone, sim only or mobile broadband contracts.
2. The address could be blacklisted due to bad payment history and misuse of account with banks.
3. Criminal conviction record effecting trust by lenders.
The above are only few to list what could effect credit score, to learn a list of other factors that could result for a decline decision for a mobile phone contract you could refer to another article “How To Improve Credit Rating And Your Credit Score?” where a detailed information is available which will help you to understand better how credit rating works and why credit score matters a lot when applying for pay monthly contracts.
5 Steps To Improve Credit Score As Credit Score Matters A Lot
Many are confused where to start from as most of the credit agencies in UK mentioned above are asking to sign on a membership service to access credit rating file to find out the credit score but there are several alternatives to access your credit file for free.
1. Always check your credit score for free and download the file for future reference.
2. When you access your information in your credit file update any information you find to be incorrect with all the UK credit agencies to have an up-to-date record.
3. Do not perform several credit checks within a very close span of time as more your check the more you drop your score and this gives a clear indication to creditors of your intentions to get credit and shows desperation that can be a negative sign towards your application. Check your credit file regularly to minimise errors on your file.
4. If you have debts with several creditors and have missed payments, do not just ignore them, give your creditors a call and arrange a re-payment plans which will eventually improve your credit score matters and will help to get you back on the credit ladder.
5. If you are using credit cards and other store cards while you are suffering from bad credit, try as much as possible to stop using them and start to clear off your credit card bills to settle down your credit score matters and ratings.
The list can go on and on, which are directly related to your credit score building and more how to improve credit score steps are available which will help you with all credit score matters related information that are required when you are in the process of improving your credit score.
If you are suffering from bad credit and if credit score matters to you and you want to build up your score simply follow the above steps carefully mentioned and do not try to take any short-cuts while credit building process. The above process may take several months and if you are patience enough then you can improve your credit score at a faster rate.