Today we shall compare two of the most powerful smartphones Apple iPhone 5 vs Sony Xperia Z. Apple and Sony are two of the leading manufacturers in the world mobile market in recent times. They have been gifting users with a combination of fashion and latest technology on their handsets.
Nowadays both these devices are very popular around the world because of their unique functions, amazing specifications and advanced features. The iPhone 5 was released on the month of September 2012 in colors of Black/Slate and White/Silver. On the other hand, the Xperia Z was first seen on the month of January 2013 in colors of Black, White, Purple.
Specification of Apple iPhone 5:
- 4.0 inches, LED-backlit IPS TFT, capacitive touchscreen
- 640 x 1136 pixels, 16 million colors, Corning Gorilla Glass
- 123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6 mm, 112 grams, oleophobic coating
- iPhone OS 6, Dual-core 1.2 GHz
- 8 Megapixels camera , 3264×2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- 16GB/32GB/64GB storage, 1 GB RAM
- GPRS, EDGE, WLAN, Bluetooth, USB
- TV-out, iCloud cloud Service, Twitter and Facebook integration
- Siri natural language commands and dictation
- Standby and Talk times of 225 hours and 8 hours approximately.
Specifications of Sony Xperia Z:
- 139 x 71 x 7.9 mm, 146 grams
- 5.0 inches, TFT capacitive touchscreen
- 1080 x 1920 pixels, 16 million colors, Shatter proof and scratch-resistant glass
- Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean), Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait
- 13 Megapixel Camera , 4128 x 3096 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- 16 GB internal storage, 2 GB RAM, microSD, up to 64 GB
- GPRS, EDGE, WLAN, Bluetooth, USB, NFC
- MP4/H.263/H.264/WMV player
- MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV/Flac player
- Document viewer, Photo viewer/editor, Voice memo/dial
- Standby and Talk times of 550 hours and 12 hours approximately.
The iPhone 5 comes with a whopping 4.0 inch LED-backlit IPS TFT capacitive touch screen with a resolution of 640 x 1136 pixels and a pixel density of 326 ppi. On the other hand, Xperia Z chose to release this handset with a 5.0 inch TFT capacitive touch screen with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels and pixel density of 441 ppi. The Xperia Z screen is larger and sharper than the one on the new iPhone 5.
Comparing their operating system and processors, Apple packed its handset operating system iOS 6 with a powerful dual-core processor which clocks at an amazing speed of 1.2 GHz supported by an A6 chip on this handset. Sony packed its handset come operating system Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) with the impressive Quad-core processor actual processing speed is 1.5 GHz.
When it comes to camera strength, the iPhone 5 equips powerful 8 Megapixel cameras of 3264 x 2448 resolution featuring autofocus and LED flash with 1.2 megapixels front facing camera. On the other hand, the Xperia Z comes with top class a 13 Megapixel camera of 4128 x 3096 pixels resolution featuring autofocus and LED flash with 2.2 megapixel front facing camera.
The Apple iPhone 5 vs Sony Xperia Z are similar to each other offering excellent features, latest technology and stylish. We can therefore come to a conclusion saying that iPhone 5 is not as powerful as Xperia Z because it comes with fastest Quad-core processor, impressive display and better secondary camera combined.